Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Opening the Floodgates of Heaven

                                      Someone wrote, " Give all that you have, in everything you do.
                                    Help a person at least once a day. Never expect anything in return."
                                           Romans 12:10 says, "Be kindly affectionate one to another,
                                              with brotherly love, in honor preferring one another."

    Everyday I see a world that is lost, hurting, a world that seems to be encompased with death and suffering. I want to be like Nehemiah. Nehemiah saw that Jerusalem was in destruction and without walls. He being only a cup bearer went boldly to the king and asked that he be given permission to rebuild the walls. He faced opposition on all sides, but yet he built with his people the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah saw a need and felt a calling upon his life to do what God had commanded him.
              It seems that God has really been opening my eyes to the hurt around me. I am really starting to feel a major burden upon my life to pray for these people. So in my life I am seeing a huge calling to dig deeper in God's Word. I am happy to say that I am finally walking the walk that I know I should be. God is opening my eyes to my defects and flaws. Its like an open window and I can finally feel his presence in such an unexplainable way. I am asking everyday that God comes and makes me the man that i know he wants me to be. There have been those people who have hepled me through these things and I now I just want to stand up and be there for them. I am ready to "carry the call" and be there for others. God is shining his light in my life. All I can say is that I am undertaking a huge change. My goals and my desires  are being dramastically changed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment